Six Tips for Tangle Free Hair
Hello Gorgeous! Today I’m heading into the salon for a deep conditioning treatment, which will hopefully help prevent my hair from breaking and tangling. Thanks to my baby fine hair, I have struggled with tangles my entire life. While this is definitely not desirable, it has forced me to become quite knowledgeable about tangle prevention. Of course, you could always give salon treatments a try (like I’m doing today), but here are six tips you can use at home to keep your hair healthy, shiny, and tangle free!
|Photo Courtesy of RealBeauty.com|
- Brush or comb your hair before washing so you don’t start with a tangled mess.
- After applying conditioner to your hair, comb out any tangles with a wide tooth comb and leave conditioner in for at least 2-3 minutes.
- Always spray on a leave-in conditioner while hair is still damp. After applying, comb your hair with a wide tooth comb once again, then style as usual.
- Use a deep conditioner 2-3 times per week to keep hair moisturized and smooth (I reviewed two excellent choices in this post). This will help prevent tangles from forming in the first place.
- Hair oils, such as argan oil, can also help protect hair from heat damage, making it more manageable and tangle-free (I mention a personal favorite here).
- If you end up with a tangle or knot in your hair, the worst thing you could do is try to brush through it. Instead, use a wide tooth comb or pick to gently pick the hair until the tangle comes loose.